The TDOT Local Programs process can be very complicated and even if you are familiar with it, very frustrating. To help communities sort through the issues A2H hosts workshops on the TDOT process. These workshops are in no way a replacement for the mandatory TDOT run Local Programs/ROW training (TDOT’s presentation here ) and Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) classes. Instead my workshop is meant to complement the formal/mandatory training and give you, as local government leaders, more of the tools you need to approach your specific issues.
Last year we hosted four very successful workshops and this year we have already hosted two really great workshops in Kingsport and Jackson. As always, the workshop is free and open to all Local Governments and public officials who might benefit from the training.
August 29, 2013 in our Lakeland, Tennessee Office.
Call now to RSVP your seat for this event!
If you would like a workshop hosted closer to your location please let me know. The intent is to host as many of these workshops as needed.
So why should you want to go to yet another workshop?
- The workshop will be less than 3 hours long!
- The TDOT Local Programs Guidelines/ROW training is only being held twice in 2013 (instead of 4 times like it was last year). This may be a good alternative for getting your staff trained up.
- This is a workshop that has a more informal and collaborative atmosphere. They will be held over lunch so you get a free meal!
- We are limiting the size to about 16 people. That way you and your questions don’t get lost in the crowd.
- NO POWERPOINT! This will be an informative presentation tailored to the needs of the participants. I will cover the process from start to finish in a way that you can understand.
- Everyone will receive a workbook and handouts to keep that will help you on current and future projects.
- After the workshop there will be an unlimited question and answer session. Some of our engineers will be there for the more technical engineering questions. TDOT does not have any engineers present at their training to answer questions.
- Probably the most valuable aspect is that you will be able to meet and network with local government officials from other communities who are going through the same issues that you are.
These workshops are something that I have really wanted to do for a while and enjoy putting on. My goal is that people walk out with knowledge they can use to move their projects forward.
Please call me at (615) 838-6944 or email me at email@example.com if you would like to find out more.